Monday, March 8, 2010

At the River


I just returned from one of my treasured spots in this country which is High Springs Florida.
This cute little town is "old Florida" at it's best. It's teeny and mellow and it was the last stop on my recent 3 week trip to Florida where I was hard at work doing my Spirit Essence Portraits. There is a river shanty that I am lucky enough to stay at that is right in front of this scene that I have both photographed (from last year) and painted (this year). For whatever reason I just love sitting here in this place. The wildlife is incredible. Both this year and last year I saw an eagle as well as the egrets, turtles, owls, etc. I miss it already but I don't think I could take Florida on a year round basis.

1 comment:

  1. Deeply soothing painting ... I can feel myself relax instantly ...

    ReplyDelete