Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting into color


Every so often I get stuck on a particular color that I like to use over and over in my paintings.  This couple of weeks it's been a color called Fanchon Red by Williamsburg paints which is the cadillac of oil paint companies.  Their tubes are really heavy because they use so much pigment as opposed to fillers which make the colors that much more vibrant.  I used this color mixed with Prussian Blue in the post below.  It's funny because I've had it lying around for some years and haven't used it.  Now, my next project will be to see if I can keep my brushes and paint tubes from getting full of paint.  I guess it's a habit like anything else.  I just have to wipe them off.....  HHHmmmnnnnnn discipline......
Till then,   Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment