Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Violet Vinegar



I wish I had something more grandiose to share but the past few days have found me beginning the day by wandering through my yard happily gathering violets to make my favorite vinegar, violet vinegar. I particularly enjoy their delicate beauty and could have stared all morning at the yellow bowl on white table filled with them. They are sweet and make a nice addition to any meal. To make the vinegar (which is also sweet and carries the medicinal properties of violets) fill any size jar with violets, a delightful chore. Fill to the top with apple cider vinegar. Cap and let sit for 6 weeks. Strain and enjoy!

Other than that I have been busy working away and coming and going. Thursday will find me on the road to Baltimore and Alexandria.

And right now will find me going out to the garden to put in some veggie starts and a couple of packages of veggie seeds such as peas and I forgot what else.

Talk soon, Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I am going to have to try this! They look so beautiful sitting in the jar, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my lawn is nothing but violets..larry cut them all down, but I bet there are quite a few that have sprung back up. I have to make that!!! And the photos are beautiful! xxp

    ReplyDelete