Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Environments


I was thinking yesterday as I was booking my hotel for upcoming trip how my environments are important to me. The above photo is the living room of an adorable, mystical cottage called the Dragon Wing cottage that I was fortunate to stay in while in Tallahassee awhile back. This cottage had an amazing swamp behind it with spanish moss and old old trees rising out of the water and a beautiful statue of Diana, the huntress in front of the house. Each room was carefully decorated with elaborate altars for various purposes. I loved the spiral that was applied somehow so carefully and it is the first thing one sees as one enters. The owner uses the cottage for classes and ritual and the vibe was great.

Sometimes I stay with people and that is always interesting too. I meet so many great ones who are always very hospitable.

On the opposite polarity I decided to priceline a 4 star hotel for next trip since I will be there for a good many nights. I wanted to nest in and be comfy. And hooray - got the price I wanted!

Still high from been inspired by hearing David Whyte read his poems in DC. Listening as I drive around to a CD I bought. I love how he extracts so much from the natural world around him.

Later, M

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the spiral floor, and the tree painted on the wall with the face and different seasons!!! What a wonderful place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks wonderful. Could you give me more details on how to find it?

    ReplyDelete