Saturday, May 16, 2009

Acfoss the Lake

I just took this painting (called Across the Lake) over to a nearby town (Millbrook) to hang in a faculty show (for Barrett Art Center) at the Merritt Bookstore. I am part of their summer faculty and we are having a group show called Barrett at Merritt. I will be teaching a watercolor workshop as well as some classes in gouache. Looking forward to it. I have not taught "traditional " art classes in awhile. The classes I normally teach have a spiritual twist to them and involve mostly working out of one's head in other words from one's imagination. This will be a refreshing change. I did the above watercolor at Minnewaska, an area near here where I go to swim and I can't wait till it's warm enough to jump into the waters.

I've enjoyed being home for a few days. Last week I was in Andover MA at a wonderful store called Circles of Wisdom where I was doing my Spirit Essence Portraits. Lovely time. Lovely people. Off to do a bit of work.

Till then, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment