Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alone with One's Thouoghts


I was perusing images to see what I would like to write and about and feature tonite and I came upon this painting I did a couple of years ago in the Midst of winter. I often crave the color yellow in winter I think because of all the gray skies here in the northeast. The painting is from a series of photos I took of a woman that is an incredible artist. Her name is Karin Houben and I still have not figured out how to insert a hyperlink to a website so you can google her. She makes wonderful beaded jewelry and many butterflies for those butterfly lovers out there.

In any case I am back at home for a few days and alone with thoughts of my own. Much going on and much to think about. And all that inner time will soon be at a premium because spring is springing and there will be the garden to plant. On top of all the travel. So I am enjoying the alone time as well as time with local friends. It has been a full weekend with dinners out, some salsa dancing and a test swim today to see if the chlorine will break my skin out again. I am really missing my swimming.

So a quick quick in to you till then.... Melissa

1 comment:

  1. love the warm feeling of the painting, as well as the perspective of the room. Really fab!
    Hope to see you before I take off in a few weeks! xp

    ReplyDelete