Thursday, February 19, 2009

Memories of Mexico versus Reality


Well, it's been a few days here. The reality of my life between trips when I am in the season of traveling for the Spirit Portraits is intense. I work so hard when I am here. And on the road as well, but there at least are the "empty" spaces of the travel time and in some cases some empty days, but I always fill them with work, either projects or remote portraits or readings that I have brought along.

The top image is my friends Win and Elizabeth that I visited there and whom I miss. They are so great to spend time with. We laughed about how at times we would all be sitting around our laptops in the living room in our different "stations" and sometimes too lazy to get so so we would email each other something. Such is the life of our times. The photo was taken in one of Win's fav restaurants that serves these incredible shrimp tacos for a dollar. Yum, just thinking about them.

The bottom one is a watercolor I did near there in Tulum Mexico- but a long time ago in 1997. It's such a beautiful area and the location of this landscape is near the ancient ruiins in Tulum.

I have spent the last 2 days sizing images for use on_________ ( a surprise to comes that I will share later since the contract is not signed yet!). Today I am sizing images for use on some new product items (chimes and bookmarks and jewelry) that a new vendor is creating and they are gorgeous.

Till then- I have to get to work. Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear/see what you are doing!
    Enjoy Florida. I am sitting in my back room and FREEZING. xp

    ReplyDelete