Friday, February 13, 2009

Papayas and mangos and plaintains OH MY !

Here I am at my friends home in Playa del Carmen. This is their patio and there is a pool right behind. I am in bliss. It's hard not to feel a wee bit guilty. Every moment of this short vaca has been a complete pleasure. I love these two new friends. I don't know how to do a hyper-link but Elizabeth's website is www.sealedwithlove.com and she is a sweetie as is her husband Win who is a life coach at Omega, a major center for growth and study near me in the Hudson Valley.

They went away overnight to a beautiful hotel on the beach to celebrate his 65th birthday. Before they left yesterday I did a portrait of them as a gift. I don't have a photo available yet but I will post it soon. I hope they have a great getaway. We have shared some good laughs together. I didn't really know either of them before I came but both of us (Elizabeth and I) being psychics "knew" that it would be fine. and it has been more than fine.

The beach is a mile or two away and it is so beautiful. The water is that aqua-blue and just the right temperature. The only problem is that my foot problem (plantar faschitis) has returned because I have been walking on cobblestone constantly with shoes other than my Merrils. Must I resign myself to life in ugly shoes? I guess so. So my left foot is bothering me awful today and I will have to take a taxi to the beach for I WILL NOT MISS A BEACH DAY in the short time that I am here. I did get a few odd looks as I wandered around in my bathing suit on the beach yesterday with my winter Merrils that I had worn on the plane. Oh well...

I have a couple of psychic readings to do now before I get going.

Till then, Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your tropical getaway, I'm looking out my window right now watching it snow buckets! Oh, for a beach day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like paradise. . .
    Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you too! Thank you so much for Win's beautiful birthday gift. We love the portrait you did of us and talked about it all the way to the beach. We are so happy you are here to enjoy the Mexican Riviera with us - we're already planning your next visit:)

    ReplyDelete