Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dancing in the New Year



Happy New Year Friends! Most people I guess are going to take some down time today, but not this one. My bookeeper is coming in a few minutes to work for awhile and then I have made plans to go to a friend's house so she can show me how to use my new purple i-pod. I know, I know, I'm a little slow on the uptake with the gadgets, but better late than never... It will be so nice not to have to haul my cd cases around with me but now I have to figure out how to bring speakers if I need them for the spirit portrait sessions, workshops ans such. I'm sure it's not a big deal but as it is I have my art supplies, camera and other accutrements that go with the territory of working and traveling.

Last night I went to a local spot that had a great blues band (forgot their name already) and danced myself into a frenzy. Normally I just hole up with a movie or a dinner with friends, but this year decided to take up a friend's offer to go dancing. It was the righ choice for sure. I danced so hard that I created a shoulder spasm and had to come home and ice it. (The perks of getting old). It was SO WORTH IT.

I also usually paint in the New Year but I really need to get this technology tended to. BUT the new painting is calling me too. We will see, maybe I will postpone technology.

One of the images I have posted today is the citrine crystal I have been working with. It's a powerful stone, second chakra stone and I did a nice ceremony yesterday with it to release what I want from 08 and to invoke the new for 09. Good medicine.

The other image is called "Dance Your Dreams" from my Women and Dreams Series. So- Let's all do for 09. Let's dance our dreams. Are you with me?

Till then, Happy New Year, Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I stayed home and watched Swimming Pool to chase the winter blues away. Today I will go and clean the studio a bit, do some work, and go to a party for a little while. Then off into Kingston to do some shopping. A little bit of everything to bring in the New Year. Off to link to your blog. Better late than never. Will do one on my art blog and one on my personal blog. xp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Melissa! I love your work and Dance Your Dreams is a wonderful statement for 2009! Your crystal is so beautiful, I can feel its power through the photo. Do you keep crystals with you in the studio while you work? I think I will try that today...
    Love and Light,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen! Yes, I am experimenting with keeping the stones nearby when I paint ESPECIALLY THE SPIRIT ESSENCE PORTRAITS and I sleep with them. But I have been doing that for years. A boyfriend back in the early 80's got a kick out of his girlfriend sleeping with rocks. Oh well.... let me know how that goes for you.

    ReplyDelete