Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello all. I was all excited about the image I was planning to use tonite but I am on retreat and forgot to bring the cable for my digital camera so anything I post this week will have no image. So sorry about that. I am on the Outer Banks in North Carolina and at the moment we are having heavy winds. It's kinda creepy. I love the wind but here it can get really intense. It's supposed to go up to 60 mph and there are warnings out. I just poked around for flashlights and fortunately I found a couple that still have a bit of juice in the batteries.

I came here to do work on my next deck, to hopefully finish it up but now that I am here I am having trouble settling in. This occasionally happens. I am at an old family house of ours and there are many deep memories and feelings here for me. It was the last place I really spent time with my mother before she passed away so it holds something special but also some melancholy. I visited with my aging father on the way here and that in itself brings up a lot. I'm hoping to be able to really sink in and get a good bit of work done tomorrow. I also will be doing a couple of remote Spirit essence portraits that have been waiting around for me to get time to do them. Gosh the wind is loud. I just went and found a screen door that was not locked that was flapping around and making me jump. OOhhh and I just felt the house shake (it's on stilts). Hmmnnnn. I'll be glad when it's tomorrow. I think I am going to sing off now and try and cozy up in bed and sleep before I can get any more jumpy.

Until tomorrow, M

2 comments:

  1. It sounds exciting, cool, a bit creepy, especially if you are alone....Someday I will do that too...take off by myself to a place that I can hole up in and make art undisturbed and take the time to meet myself again. I don't think I have ever done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to wake up to a fresh new day after having one of those jittery, nervous, nighttime experiences.
    Looking forward to photos!

    ReplyDelete