Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Re-entry


Re-entry is always painful. Today I was working hard, but had a rough time focusing. I put some time in on the 4th of a series of large oil paintings that I am temporairily calling the "contemplative series". All figures in landscape in contemplative poses. Which has n othing to do with the images I posted here. The top one is a watercolor I did toward the very end of fall that I like and the bottom one is , well, I know you are tired of these beach shots but I liked the light that day. And with the temperature at about 10 degrees here now I am really wishing I was back there.

I have to go and clean my brushes from the oil paint. If I do it before I am ready the leave the fumes bother me and I can't open the windows now to ventilate. After I wash them I put them outside because of the smell, but they still smell up the studio from washing them in the sink.

The trials and tribulations of a painter. No wonder I got heavy metals poisoning some years ago.

Auvoir, Melissa

1 comment: