Thursday, January 15, 2009

The thermometer says "0"



AT the time of this post the thermometer says " ) ". Normally I have been lucky enough to be outo f town during the worst of the cold snaps. Not this time.

The top photo is the view out of my father's window. It's the USS Wisconsin in Norfolk, VA. I just visited him there. Such a strange view to have out one's window. He enjoys it at his age.

The bottom photo is the new series I have been working on. The one on the far right is the latest one and not quite finished. I have enjoyed working on these. Not sure if I will continue on this theme yet or not. We shall see. I am not able to get into the studio again before the weekend at the soonest. Everything takes so much time. Now I need to sign off to prepare flyers for one of the stores on my Florida visit.

Maybe I will see you there?

Till then, Melissa

4 comments:

  1. The new series is beautiful. The one on the far left speaks to me the strongest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice!
    I LOVE the play of light and shadow in all four pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa and Kathleen. EVERYONE likes the one on the left best (except a few have liked the next one in on the left) so I guess I have gone downhill from there -(that was the first one). but i keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have to see them all in person in order to decide which I liked best. They ALL are wonderful, and different from what I have seen. You are an amazing painter!
    And this cold weather IS tough! I am not liking arising at 6 am for my meditation, and venturing outdoors by 7:30. My car is not happy either....

    ReplyDelete