Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moon Madness

Another strange beach day. I was hopeless today in that it was warm and sunny and gorgeous here. I kept speaking to folks at home telling me about the ice and snow and my conclusion was that I need to make hay while the sun shines. or at least be out in the sun shine :-).

I didn't sleep well during the night -wild dreams- and woke up early. I remembered my idea of the previous morning where I thought it would be wonderful to watch the sun rise. In my half awake state (exagerated from the valerian I had taken) I stumbled into some clothes and rushed down to the beach while it was still dark. I watched the sun rise to my great satisfaction. I brought my binoculars in case of dolphins/whales which insured of course that I saw none. But it was sheer bliss anyhow. I decided to check and see out of curiosity if the local coffee house (which is in an old adorable house and also is a bookstore) was open at the un-goddessly hour of 7:20 AM. It was! As I do every now and then I tried drinking a cup of half decaf and half coffee, but discovered (as I do each time) that I can't do it. It just makes me too shaky.

Fast forward to the end of the day. Not much happened in between other than doing one psychic reading and hanging out on the bay looking at the water all afternoon. No kidding. I was glued. It was such a beautiful day - all day long. And remember I live in the tundra. Anyhow, I went down to the beach again for sunset and to check and see if the fisherman was there. He was not. I am now wondering if he was a "visitor" from Spirit. In any case I was walking on the beach as it got dark and a man ran up to me and said "Excuse me - was that the moon before?" I didn't know if I heard him right. So I said "WHAT ?" And he said - was that the moon, that big round shape - and then it went behind the clouds..." I said "Yes , that was indeed the moon." It was a huge full moon as many of you realize so I don't know why I became the authority on the moon. As soon as I answered "Yes" he ran quickly back off the beach. So very Strange.

So happy full moon to you all.

The moon goddess

4 comments:

  1. It's cold and snowy here, blissing out on the beach sounds pretty darn good!

    I watched the moon rise tonight in awe...so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. groan.. I wish I had some sunshine. At this time of year I don't even want to leave my house and work out or anything. Shoveling and helping with the snow was my work out today, and fresh air. You can't get me INSIDE in the nice weather though here in the Catskills. Just think..we could be in Alaska! xp

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you have movie stars! I have drooling barely-out-of-the teenage years in mine. yuck. and this one even looked a bit like my ex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patt J:
    That's really kinda funny. I wonder what he THOUGHT it might have been, if not for the moon? I envy your time on the beach. I'm tired of being cold. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete