Tuesday, January 13, 2009

getting used to grey


Here I am back in the northlands. The above are a couple of pics from my retreat time. There are many more I will share later. In any case, I knew I was "home" when I pulled in at a gas station and saw the sign above. So often when you go into a gas station down south they will have ham biscuits and /or fried chicken or BBQ. It just made me smile.

The sunset photo is cliche I know, but I thought I'd throw it in. I miss it already. It was hard flying into Newark today and landing in the grey and white. Grey of the natural landscape this time of year and white of the "you know what". Ah well, at least I got out for a week. Now back to stoking the new wood stove (new investment this year) and hustling as quickly as possible between my house and my office/studio. It's hard to make myself work after dinner this time of year after I am all nice and warm and then have to freeze my buns off going outside again.

Soon I will be putting more art up here. Like tomorrow. But now I am wallowing min my memories.

Back to the house to do an ionic footbath.

Till then, Melissa

2 comments:

  1. An ionic foot bath sounds nice. You will have to tell me more about that! Welcome home Ms. Harris, back to the coldest snap EVER. The next two months will be a struggle for me as I yearn for the sun and the warmth. I am such a woman of the light. xxp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patt J: I give you lots of credit. I can not force myself to leave the house on these cold Minnesota nights! I start the hibernation process around 5 PM.

    ReplyDelete