Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Making of a painting

I decided to put this photo up as a representation of what I would have preferred doing today instead of the mundane work that I DID do to scan slides in preparation for learning power point and taking my slide show on the road in that format as opposed to dragging an old fashioned slide projector and slides.

This image is about 5 or so years old. My friend Rhianna, owner of the Dreaming Goddess store in Poughkeepsie NY is the model. I am up on the table doing the painting so that I can get the perspective that I like.

And yes, that's a nice bottle of red wine there in the foreground........

I love red wine in the winter but hardly drink at all. It would however be lovely to have a glass now and take the evening off, but that is not going to happen. I am leaving soon for a couple of trips so I need to stay on top of things.

Hope you are not sliding around on the ice like we are here.....

Later, Melissa

2 comments:

  1. don't scan all the slides!!!!! lol....scan enough so that you can get a good lesson and get some of the PowerPoint done. It is not a permanent thing, and over time you can tweak it here and there. You can scan 20 a day till you get them all done or something like that. It really isn't hard...and I am sure you will learn very quickly. See you tomorrow, sometime between 3-4. My guy is coming to clean/maintain my burner, so I am stopping home before I head to you to pay him if he is still here. Breathe... :) xxp

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun photo, so neat to see how you work! Thanks for posting that. I love red wine too, but it seems like lately after about half a glass I am done, heehee.

    ReplyDelete